Welcome to SC-SIC
The School Improvement Councils (SICs) of six (6) South Carolina public schools have been named to the SC-SIC’s 2023 Honor Roll for their significant efforts to foster civic engagement in public education.
The local SICs named to the 2023 Honor Roll are (alphabetically):
- Belvedere Elementary SIC (Aiken County Public Schools)
- Greer High SIC (Greenville County Schools)
- Hilton Head Island High SIC (Beaufort County School District)
- Jennie Moore Elementary SIC (Charleston County School District)
- Piney Woods Elementary SIC (District 5 of Lexington and Richland Counties)
- Wilder Elementary SIC (Sumter School District)
These Honor Roll SICs will continue in the running for SC-SIC’s annual Dick and Tunky Riley Award for School Improvement Council Excellence. Now in its 22nd year, the award is named for the former U.S. Secretary of Education and South Carolina Governor and his late wife, and recognizes the vital contributions made by more than 1,100 local SICs and their 11,000-plus SIC members across the state.
For more information about the Riley Award, click HERE.
King Laurence, Superintendent, Aiken County Public School District, named 2022 SIC Advocate of the Year
SIC180 - SC-SIC Executive Director Tom F. Hudson shares info on the 2022 Riley Award for SIC Excellence and other items of local SIC interest.