Selected for their accomplishments in parent and civic engagement within their school communities, the finalists for the SC School Improvement Council’s annual Dick and Tunky Riley Award for School Improvement Council Excellence are:
- Chapin Intermediate SIC (School District 5 of Lexington and Richland Counties)
- Hilton Head Island High SIC (Beaufort County School District)
- Saluda High SIC (Saluda County Schools)
- South Florence High SIC (Florence County School District 1)
- Walhalla High SIC (School District of Oconee County)
The winner of the this year’s Riley Award will be selected from this year’s finalists by an independent panel of reviewers and announced during the 2018 SC-SIC Annual Meeting, Saturday, April 14, at the South Carolina State Museum in Columbia.
The SC-SIC Riley Award for SIC Excellence is named in honor of former SC Governor and US Education Secretary Richard Riley and his late wife, Tunky, and recognizes the couple’s longstanding commitment to quality public education
Save the Date! SC School Improvement Council Annual Meeting
- Saturday, April 14, 2018 9:45 AM - 3:00 PM
- Registration opens at 9:00 AM
- SC State Museum - Vista Room 301 Gervais St., Columbia, SC 29201
- Registration is $30.00
- Registration deadline is Monday, April 2, 2018
- Your SC-SIC Annual Meeting registration also includes lunch
- Download the 2018 Annual Meeting flyer
- Download the agenda
Complete the registration form and mail or fax to:
SC School Improvement Council, Suite 001
820 Main Street
USC College of Education
Columbia, S.C. 29208
Fax: (803) 777-0023
or email your form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make your check payable to: SC School Improvement Council. Payment must be made by check, money order, or Purchase Order. SC-SIC is unable to accept credit or debit cards.
REMEMBER: The registration deadline is Monday, April 2, 2018! NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE!
Contact SC-SIC if you do not receive a confirmation by Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED!